Monday, May 14, 2012

The Yorkists Have Landed

I have completed the basing of my Yorkist forces for use with Band of Brothers (2nd) by Piquet. I thought that now they are complete I would share some photos with everyone. This army is going to continue to expand, but I now consider it 'complete enough'--that is, enough to give a good game in the battles for which I am building it. It has ten bill and bow blocks, 2 mercenary units (pikes and hand-gunners), a cavalry unit, and a set of guns (14 total units). The Lancastrians are up next, and I already have two of their units done, out of the seventeen total planned.

With that said, on with the eye candy! Be sure to click through for bigger photos. All figures are from Old Glory 25s, except for the three commanders, who are by Perry.

An overall view 

A close up on Edward IV, leading from the front. 

The cavalry!

Organ guns!

Aerial shot

I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think!

S. V. B. E.
-The Fox

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic figures!!!! Well done that man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, fantastic job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look superb; I can't wait to see what you do with the Lancastrians!

    BTW, we had more debate about how to handle the Bill and Bow units of the WotR than any other troops type in BoB2! If you don't wind up liking it the way we did it, I can share some of the other proposals we considered... the one we finally adopted sort of made a "worst of both worlds" assessment of the formation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to ask if I feel like I need alternatives. The nice thing is, the armies are made, for the most part, of the exact same units, so any advantages or disadvantages will be equally shared by both sides.

      Delete
  4. What do I think? Jealous is what I think...that´s one very impressive army!!
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much to everyone for the enthusiastic response!

    ReplyDelete